5 Reasons why you are dreaming about your ex
No matter what the circumstances are as to why you and your ex parted ways, you may think of them from time to time. In fact, memories and thoughts of your ex can pop up when you least expect it. You can be going about your life and all of a sudden a song will come on the radio or a memory will pop into your head. Sometimes thoughts play in your subconscious and can bring things to the forefront. It is because of these subconscious thoughts that it is not uncommon for you to dream about your ex. This can be confusing and leave you wondering why you are experiencing dreams of your ex. This article will provide some possible reasons as to why these dreams are taking place.
- You are fighting with your current partner. Sometimes when you are arguing with your current partner or you are going through a rough patch, it can be easy to think of the good times with your ex. Not every relationship is perfect all the time and it is unrealistic to expect it to be that way. If you are continuing to argue with your current partner and you find that you cannot stop thinking about your ex, you may want to re-evaluate whether or not you should stay in your current relationship. If you are spending a great deal of energy thinking about your ex in a positive light when you should be putting that same energy towards working out your qualms with your current partner, it may be time to take a break and not date for awhile. This way you can reflect on what it is you want in a relationship and in a partner before you start dating again.
- It could be that you miss some qualities that your ex had that your current partner lacks. There are good and bad qualities to every person. It is important to evaluate the qualities that are most important to you and if you are missing these traits in your current partner, you may need to consider breaking it off. While it can seem easy to run back to your ex because they have good qualities, it will cause you more strife in the long run. There is a reason that you broke up and before you run back to your old relationship, make sure that you are doing so because you feel that it is right and not because you don’t want to be alone.
- Your ex contacted you. As time goes by, it is easy to forget about your past relationships. That is why it can really catch you off guard and bring up a variety of feelings when your ex contacts you out of the blue. It is no wonder you are dreaming of them at night. You are likely having a hard time coming to terms with the contact and wondering what it means.
- You saw your ex on social media. If you frequent social media and you shared the same group of friends, it is likely that you will find pictures and status updates about your ex online. Try to avoid social media for awhile after a breakup so that you can heal and move on without the influence of friends and other social factors.
- Lack of closure for the relationship. If your relationship ended abruptly and you were not given the opportunity for closure, you can experience dreams from time to time as you may wonder what could have been. Ending a relationship is hard and it is important to give yourself the time you need to heal before starting to date again. You can save yourself a great deal of grief by allowing yourself the time you need to move forward.